Due to the increasing COVID positivity rates in the state and in accordance with the recommendations sent out by the Maricopa Department of Public Health we will be closing the dining room, all commons areas, and cancelling all future group activities in the community effective December 1, 2020. At this time, Pima and Navajo counties have not sent out similar guidelines but we feel it is best for the health and safety of our residents and staff to move forward with the same protocols for all Solterra Management Group communities.
Solterra Management Group will begin quarantine protocols previously recommended by the CDC and we will continue to monitor all residents and staff for any change of health condition, including COVID- 19 symptoms. If a resident has a change in condition or becomes symptomatic, we will contact the resident’s provider for medical direction. Our team will continue to remain vigilant in screening anyone needing necessary access into our community.
Until further notice we request all residents to minimize leaving the community for outings or appointments unless they are medically necessary. If a resident requires assistance with telemedicine, please notify staff and we will assist with virtual visits.
Designated Essential Visitors will continue to have access to the community following the guidelines listed below:
- A resident may designate up to two Designated Essential Visitors. These designated visitors may change at any time by the resident. The Designated Essential Visitors names will be given to the Community Executive Director at least 24 hours prior to the visit.
- The Designated Essential Visitor will follow all COVID-19 testing guidelines required by Centers of Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) for facilities staff based on the county’s level of positivity for the previous two weeks:
- Minimal (Percent Positivity <5%) Testing Once per Month
- Moderate (Percent Positivity 5%-10%) Testing Once per Week
- Substantial (Percent Positivity >10%) Testing Twice per Week
- Designated Essential Visitor will present a negative test result before the first visitation takes place.
- Designated Essential Visitor will sign an initial attestation that they will avoid attending large gatherings in between testing and visitation.
- The Designated Visitor will have their temperature taken and recorded prior to each visit; the Designated Visitor will be free of and attest to being free of symptoms prior to each visit.
- The Designated Visitor will be at least 18 years of age.
- The community will require mask-wearing (when safe) by residents, visitors, staff and Designated Essential visitor.
- The Designated Visitor will perform hand sanitizing prior to the visit.
- No visitation will occur, including by a Designated Essential Visitor, if the resident has tested positive or is experiencing symptoms of COVID-19.
- The Designated Visitor will go from the community entrance to the apartment or designated visitation area only and will not access the rest of the community or spend any time with any other resident.
As we have done since the pandemic began we continue to actively encourage sick employees to stay home and follow the processes outlined below :
- Telling employees to stay home if they have symptoms of acute respiratory illness, a fever of 100.4 degrees or higher, or signs of a fever. Employees should be fever-free and symptom free for 72 hours without the use of medication before returning to work.
- Encouraging employees to notify their supervisor and stay home if they are sick for any reason.
- Ensuring that the company’s sick leave policies are flexible and consistent with public health guidance and that employees are aware of the policies.
- If an employee presents with symptoms, they will be given the option to see their personal provider or go to the company’s provider locations.
- Any employee that tests positive will be removed from the community for two weeks and will not be permitted to return until they have gone 72 hours without symptoms.
- Making sure contractors and staffing agencies inform their employees about the importance of staying home when ill and encouraging business partners not to reprimand workers who need to take sick leave.
This is a difficult time for our residents, their families, and our staff. We are disheartened to have to return to quarantine protocols in the community but the health and safety of our residents and staff is our top priority. Our hearts go out to those directly impacted by this virus and everyone at our communities experiencing the stress and disruption that COVID-19 has brought.
We appreciate all of your support and cooperation to date and want to thank you in advance for your future cooperation.
Find the right level of care
Solterra Senior Living communities offer a range of Independent and Assisted Living options, as well as Memory and Respite Care. At our core is ensuring the individual well-being of each of our guests is promoted and upheld with the highest degree of integrity and respect.
Our communities provide safe, compassionate, and quality care in a beautiful setting.
At Solterra, we use a variety of engaging activities, technology, on-site wellness, and care initiatives to support and nurture our residents in both mind and body. We ensure our guests can continue to do the things they love and live their lives with meaning and purpose.
We recognize the importance of a lifestyle that’s healthy, active, and fun. Solterra’s Personalized Care approach is an excellent alternative to higher acuity nursing or group homes. Our care is designed around the individual and specific needs of our residents.
We are committed to maximizing the quality of life for our residents, no matter what level of care is needed. Our team of well-trained, caring professionals is available 24 hours a day and focuses on wellness and continued independence.
We value our residents’ independence and have developed ideal solutions for those seniors who need additional assistance with daily activities such as medication management, bathing, dressing, and grooming. Treating our residents with compassion and dignity in a beautiful setting is what we do best.
Hospitality is our focus, and we want every one of our guests to feel at home. Each Solterra community offers top-of-the-line living space and amenities, engaging activities, individualized quality care, and highly trained staff in a setting that captures the unique experience of living in Arizona.
Join us in the community dining room each day for delicious and nutritious chef-prepared meals enjoyed in the company of friends. Good food nourishes the body. Good company feeds the soul.
Our chefs provide 3 meals a day, 7 days a week. We offer a variety of menu selections to tempt your taste buds, as well as look forward to residents’ suggestions and feedback.
At Solterra Senior Living, our mission is to ensure our residents, their families, and our team members Live Well. We’re committed to serving our guests with loving care by addressing the whole person—body, mind, and spirit.
Solterra enhances the quality of life for all those we serve, with beautiful and modern communities combined with high-quality care and amenities.
Enjoy the best
Our residents enjoy engaging activities and state-of-the-art technology and care at Solterra. We provide the services our residents want and need in a safe and nurturing environment.
Technology and science allow our residents to experience better health and safety outcomes and live a better quality of life. This proactive technology is most noteworthy for the peace of mind it provides to residents and their loved ones.
Everyone deserves a great retirement. We support our residents’ desire to live the way they want to live and the right to make their own choices while providing caring, compassionate customer service.